THIS COURSE WILL BE AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 25, 2020!
YOU MAY PRE-ORDER THE COURSE NOW, BUT CONTENT WILL NOT BE FULLY LOADED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 25TH.
This is a web-based training led by Dr. Martin C. Wesley, Former Kentucky LPC Board member, and former Board Chair. This six-hour training covers suicide assessment including screening and referral, suicide treatment, and suicide management and meets the requirements for KRS 210.366 and 201:KAR 36:030 for Kentucky Licensed Professional Counselors
What will you learn?
- Participants will demonstrate understanding of the terminology, prevalence and theories of suicide behavior
- Participants will identify risk and protective factors related to suicide
- Participants will engage in meaningful discussion of suicide and mental health issues
- Participants will gain knowledge in service utilization and treatment seeking
- Participants will identify issues related to vulnerable and at-risk populations
- Participants will recognize risk and protective factors among diverse racial and ethnic groups
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of suicide assessment and management of suicidal clients
- Participants will describe various treatment approaches for suicidality and therapeutic risk management
- Participants will recognize and give examples of therapist self-care
- Participants will discuss issues in working with survivors in the aftermath of suicide
- Participants will gain knowledge of ethical and legal considerations